You are reading

Queens Man Who Fatally Crashed His BMW in Flushing Had Been Shot Prior to Incident, Ruled a Homicide: NYPD

A Flushing man who died when he crashed his car in Flushing Sunday had been shot prior to the collision. The NYPD have ruled the incident a homicide (iStock)

Nov. 22, 2022 By Czarinna Andres

A 25-year-old Flushing man who lost control of his BMW and died in a crash on Parsons Boulevard Sunday had been shot prior to the incident—and police have ruled the case a homicide.

Tao Wu, of 158th Street, was driving his vehicle westbound on 37th Avenue at around 9:50 p.m. when he struck the sidewalk at the Parsons Boulevard intersection causing his 2022 BMW to roll over.

EMS arrived on the scene and transported Wu to New York Hospital Queens where he was pronounced deceased. No one else was injured in the crash.

Police said Tuesday that Wu had sustained a gunshot wound to his upper back prior to the collision and that they have launched a homicide investigation. The NYPD has yet to make any arrests.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Urgent manhunt underway for ‘animal’ who allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl in Flushing park on Thursday: NYPD

The NYPD announced a $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of a Hispanic man who allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl in a wooded area of Kissena Corridor Park on Thursday afternoon.

More than sixty investigators were at the crime scene late into the night. During a press briefing by NYPD brass on Friday, Chief of Department Jeffrey Maddrey said that the manhunt was expanded city-wide and that the department would spare no expense until the suspect was apprehended.

Op-ed: Congestion pricing would do much more harm than good for New Yorkers

Jun. 11, 2024 By Assemblymember David I. Weprin

Like many residents throughout the five boroughs and across the New York Metro Area, I was pleasantly surprised by Governor Kathy Hochul’s decision to “indefinitely pause” the implementation of Congestion Pricing. Rather than seeing this as a cynical calculation, as some have alleged, I see the Governor’s decision as a deeply pragmatic response to the crescendo of public concerns that I and many others have raised for years. As the countdown to the June 30 implementation date neared, everyday New Yorkers did what we do best: we spoke up for ourselves and said we won’t accept a bad deal! I applaud Governor Hochul for having the courage not just to listen to us but to take a tough stand against this misguided policy.