You are reading

Queens Man Gets 12 Years in Prison for Sexual Assault in Kew Gardens Hills

Ronald Williams

July 7, 2021 By Ryan Songalia

A Queens man who pleaded guilty last month for sexually assaulting a 52-year-old woman in Kew Gardens Hills was sentenced to 12 years in prison on Tuesday.

Ronald Williams, 24, pleaded guilty to assault and attempted sexual abuse for the 2018 brutal attack of a woman who had just dropped her son off at school, according to the Queens District Attorney’s office.

Williams admitted to ambushing the woman in the outdoor stairwell of an apartment building near 72nd Road and Kissena Boulevard before attacking and sexually assaulting her. The incident took place at around 8 a.m. on April 30, 2018.

The victim sustained a fractured vertebra in her neck and a fractured orbital bone. She also required four staples in her head due to blunt force trauma.

The woman was found by the building superintendent, covered in blood and naked from the waist down, reported the NY Post.

“This was a vicious attack on a woman just moments after she dropped her son off at school,” said Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz. “When she was found, she was virtually unrecognizable due to the extent of her bruises and injuries.”

Williams, who was homeless at the time of the attack, fled the area but was arrested eight days later in South Carolina. He was extradited back to New York.

In addition to the 12-year prison sentence, Williams will have to undergo five years of post release supervision and be required to register as a sex offender.

email the author: [email protected]
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

‘He didn’t deserve to die’: Borough President Richards leads emotional candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols

Queens Borough President Donovan Richards held a candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols outside Queens Borough Hall Monday, Jan. 30 after Nichols’ death at the hands of police officers in Memphis, Tenn., made national headlines for the brutality in which the officers beat him.

Almost immediately after news broke about Nichols’ death, the Memphis police officers who beat him to death were fired and charged with murder. The police department released the body cam footage of the fatal beating on Jan. 27, but many people, including some at the vigil, have refused to watch it due to its extremely graphic nature.

BP launches new advisory panel for youth to become civically engaged in the future of Queens

In an effort to get more young people involved in civics, Queens Borough President Donovan Richards has created a new advisory panel known as the Youth and Young Adult Council to introduce the “youngest and fiercest” community advocates to both community service and organization.

Members of the advisory body will advocate concerns through means of community engagement by participating in one of two cohorts. The first will be made up of high school representatives between the ages of 13 and 17, while the second cohort will be comprised of young adults between the ages of 18 and 25.

Porn actor Ron Jeremy, who grew up in Bayside, found unable to stand trial for rape

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Los Angeles judge on Tuesday, Jan. 17, declared that porn performer Ron Jeremy is mentally incompetent to stand trial on dozens of rape and sexual assault counts.

Superior Court Judge Ronald S. Harris said in a hearing that after reviewing reports from both prosecutors and Jeremy’s defense that he is in “incurable neurocognitive decline” from which he is unlikely to recover.