You are reading

Man Found Dead With a Gunshot Wound to the Head in Crashed SUV in Flushing: NYPD

_(Photos Google Maps and Citizen)

A man was found dead with a gunshot wound to his head in a Range Rover in Flushing Wednesday — after the driver of the SUV struck a vehicle and then fled the scene (Photos: Google Maps and Citizen)

Nov. 10, 2022 By Michael Dorgan

A man was found dead with a gunshot wound to the head in a Range Rover in Flushing Wednesday — after the driver of the vehicle smashed into a van and fled the scene.

The victim, 48, was found by police after officers responded to a 911 call about a collision at the Parsons Boulevard and Sanford Avenue intersection at around 4:15 p.m., according to the NYPD.

The victim had been in the Range Rover — traveling northbound on Parson Boulevard — when the SUV driver slammed into a white van in a head-on collision. The van was stopped at a red light facing southbound on Parsons Boulevard, police said.

The SUV driver then fled the scene on foot while carrying a bag, according to police and published reports.

Responding police then discovered the victim unconscious and unresponsive in the rear passenger seat. He was transported by EMS to Flushing Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Several news outlets named the victim as Myron Dukes, although police have yet to confirm his identity. It is unclear whether Dukes was shot before or after the collision.

The van driver suffered minor injuries and was transported to an area hospital in stable condition, police said.

No arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Op-ed: Congestion pricing would do much more harm than good for New Yorkers

Jun. 11, 2024 By Assemblymember David I. Weprin

Like many residents throughout the five boroughs and across the New York Metro Area, I was pleasantly surprised by Governor Kathy Hochul’s decision to “indefinitely pause” the implementation of Congestion Pricing. Rather than seeing this as a cynical calculation, as some have alleged, I see the Governor’s decision as a deeply pragmatic response to the crescendo of public concerns that I and many others have raised for years. As the countdown to the June 30 implementation date neared, everyday New Yorkers did what we do best: we spoke up for ourselves and said we won’t accept a bad deal! I applaud Governor Hochul for having the courage not just to listen to us but to take a tough stand against this misguided policy.