You are reading

Mad For Chicken to Open Forest Hills Location, Fifth Eatery in Chain

Mad For Chicken’s Forest Hill location (Source: Instagram)

Dec. 23, 2020 By Michael Dorgan

Mad For Chicken, the Korean-style chicken chain, is opening a restaurant in Forest Hills next month.

The new restaurant, which will be located at 71-37 Austin St., will be the company’s fifth venue, with three currently in Queens and another in Brooklyn. Given COVID-19 restrictions, the new eatery will only offer take out and delivery when it opens.

The Forest Hills restaurant will take over the space that was previously occupied by Hinoki Japanese Restaurant, which shuttered in July.

Mad For Chicken was first established in Flushing in 2005 and the company has recently expanded– opening restaurants in Bayside and Sunnyside in August. It also opened a Williamsburg, Brooklyn, venue last year.

The Austin Street restaurant is around 2,000 square feet in size and will have a similar décor as its other restaurants, with a rustic interior and dining booths, according to Clinton Oh, a spokesperson for Mad For Chicken.

The establishment will be offering up the company’s signature fried chicken menu, which includes scallion chicken, drumsticks and wings, buffalo wings and boneless chicken breasts. Other items include the mac and cheese melt, nachos, salads and kimchi fries. The restaurant will also have a full bar.

“It will be a soft opening to begin with until we get a clearer picture surrounding restrictions,” Oh said.

Opening hours are still being hammered out but Oh expects the establishment to be open for just afternoons initially – on Mondays through Sundays.

He said that the operators of the new restaurant are undeterred by the pandemic and the Forest Hills opening is a testament to the company’s viable business model.

“We are looking to expand aggressively throughout New York City and there was an appeal from our existing customer base to open in Forest Hills,” Oh said.

The Mad For Chicken chain, Oh said, was doing well while operating at 25 percent indoor capacity but the current restrictions of no indoor dining has been a major setback.

“It’s tough for everybody during the pandemic but we are trying to stay positive and get through this,” Oh said. “We’re thankful to all the residents and the community for consistently supporting us.”

email the author: [email protected]
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

‘He didn’t deserve to die’: Borough President Richards leads emotional candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols

Queens Borough President Donovan Richards held a candlelight vigil for Tyre Nichols outside Queens Borough Hall Monday, Jan. 30 after Nichols’ death at the hands of police officers in Memphis, Tenn., made national headlines for the brutality in which the officers beat him.

Almost immediately after news broke about Nichols’ death, the Memphis police officers who beat him to death were fired and charged with murder. The police department released the body cam footage of the fatal beating on Jan. 27, but many people, including some at the vigil, have refused to watch it due to its extremely graphic nature.

BP launches new advisory panel for youth to become civically engaged in the future of Queens

In an effort to get more young people involved in civics, Queens Borough President Donovan Richards has created a new advisory panel known as the Youth and Young Adult Council to introduce the “youngest and fiercest” community advocates to both community service and organization.

Members of the advisory body will advocate concerns through means of community engagement by participating in one of two cohorts. The first will be made up of high school representatives between the ages of 13 and 17, while the second cohort will be comprised of young adults between the ages of 18 and 25.

Porn actor Ron Jeremy, who grew up in Bayside, found unable to stand trial for rape

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Los Angeles judge on Tuesday, Jan. 17, declared that porn performer Ron Jeremy is mentally incompetent to stand trial on dozens of rape and sexual assault counts.

Superior Court Judge Ronald S. Harris said in a hearing that after reviewing reports from both prosecutors and Jeremy’s defense that he is in “incurable neurocognitive decline” from which he is unlikely to recover.