You are reading

Flushing Town Hall’s Monthly Jazz Concerts to Return In-Person Starting September

The Flushing Town Hall’s monthly jazz concerts will be held in-person starting Sept. 8 (Photo courtesy of Flushing Town Hall)

Aug. 31, 2021 By Christian Murray

Live jazz is coming back to the Flushing Town Hall.

The venue will be holding its popular monthly jazz concerts—in person—starting September at the historic 137-35 Northern Blvd. building.

The monthly concerts, officially called the Louis Armstrong Legacy Monthly Jazz Jam, will resume Wednesday, Sept. 8 at 7:00 p.m. The event had been held each month—virtually—during the pandemic.

“On behalf of Flushing Town Hall and the Jazz Jam’s house band and production team, let me say how utterly thrilled we are to see everyone return for a live, in-person jam,” said Flushing Town Hall’s Director of Education & Public Programs, Gabrielle M. Hamilton. “Over the last 17 months as musicians joined us online, we heard some amazing jazz from across the globe, including six of the seven continents, but now it is time to jam again in person!”

Flushing Town Hall (Photo Courtesy of Jay Ruffins CC by 2:0)

Since the concerts went virtual in March 2020, more than 200 musicians from over a dozen countries—from as far away as New Zealand, Italy and South Africa—have participated in the monthly jams.

Over 7,000 viewers from across the globe have tuned in to the monthly concerts to listen as the venue moved its programming online.

Starting Sept. 8, the monthly jazz jams will be performed live from Flushing Town Hall, just like in pre-pandemic times, with participating musicians and an audience of jazz lovers attending in person.

For those unable to attend, virtual audiences from across the globe can still join the livestream and tune in for free via Flushing Town Hall’s Facebook page.

In adherence with New York City’s COVID-19 policy, all visitors, performers and staff will be required to show proof of vaccination. Masks must also be worn at all times.

Attendance to jazz jam is $10, although it is free for students, teens, members and participating musicians.

For more information, click here.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Urgent manhunt underway for ‘animal’ who allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl in Flushing park on Thursday: NYPD

The NYPD announced a $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of a Hispanic man who allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl in a wooded area of Kissena Corridor Park on Thursday afternoon.

More than sixty investigators were at the crime scene late into the night. During a press briefing by NYPD brass on Friday, Chief of Department Jeffrey Maddrey said that the manhunt was expanded city-wide and that the department would spare no expense until the suspect was apprehended.

Op-ed: Congestion pricing would do much more harm than good for New Yorkers

Jun. 11, 2024 By Assemblymember David I. Weprin

Like many residents throughout the five boroughs and across the New York Metro Area, I was pleasantly surprised by Governor Kathy Hochul’s decision to “indefinitely pause” the implementation of Congestion Pricing. Rather than seeing this as a cynical calculation, as some have alleged, I see the Governor’s decision as a deeply pragmatic response to the crescendo of public concerns that I and many others have raised for years. As the countdown to the June 30 implementation date neared, everyday New Yorkers did what we do best: we spoke up for ourselves and said we won’t accept a bad deal! I applaud Governor Hochul for having the courage not just to listen to us but to take a tough stand against this misguided policy.